Sunday 23 November 2014

Dark Colours and Purple Checks

One of my favourite colours to wear is black because it's flattering and goes with almost anything. Today, I've decided to do another outfit post like my last one. However this is slightly more grunge with mostly dark colours. I'd wear this on many occasions and I actually wore it to see Mockingjay part 1 and for my friends birthday meal. It's nothing too fancy so could be worn casually as an everyday outfit, but on the other hand the black dress can make it appear classy and even then it could be worn as a dressy or party outfit.

I own way too many check shirts for my liking. I don't know what it is about them but I always seem to buy them even though I'm aware I don't need anymore. This one is from Topman which might seem strange that I buy mens clothing, but I prefer the baggy look when it comes to shirts and women's shirts are often fitted. I love the colours too and surprisingly I think purple is becoming one of my most worn colours.

I didn't accessorise too heavily, regardless of my love for jewellery. I think thats due to the fact that I was seeing a movie so I wanted to be more comfortable and casual. If I were making more effort I'd definitely include some rings, maybe a watch and earrings.

I wore my Dr Martens which are up there with my favourite pairs of shoes. These are the 1460 W Boot which I will leave a link for at the bottom of the page. I know Dr Martens aren't for everyone, you either love them or hate them. If you are considering buying some I'd say go for it, they're extremely good quality and are worth the cost. They do take a while to break in, I don't know if that's just something I've found personally or not, but once broken in they mould to the shape of your foot and are as comfy as ever.

I know I'm not the most adventurous with hair styles as it seems I always have it curled on my blog, but I am thinking of doing a post on 5 of my daily hairstyles, so look out for that!

As for my makeup, I went with a subtle black, smokey eye and a dark burgundy lip which is my favourite colour to wear in autumn and winter.

Here are the photo's, I look slightly moody on the last one but trust me I'm not miserable. I also couldn't help but include a traditional bathroom mirror selfie. 








Black Dress: Boohoo
Check Shirt: Topman
Choker Set: Topshop
Tights: M&S
Shoes: Dr Martens
Lipstick: Mix between MAC Diva and Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Smoulder 
Eyeshadow: Urban Decay NAKED basics palette

Thankyou for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post or got some ideas from it. 

Gina x



No comments:

Post a Comment