Sunday 12 October 2014

Zoella's Autumn/Fall Makeup Look

Today's post is something slightly different. I wanted to do a makeup look, but I was so inspired by Zoella's Autumn/Fall Makeup Look on her beauty channel, that I thought I would do my interpretation of it. Her look was based on a berry lip colour and gold eyeshadows.

Zoella has been a big inspiration of mine when starting a blog and I've been subscribed to her youtube channel for a few years now, and I'm proud to say I was with her at 300,000 subscribers. She's become a huge star recently, having had her book 'Girl Online' released, her beauty range 'Zoella Beauty' make an appearance in Superdrug and she's even hit 6 million subscribers!

    Check out Zoe's video here!

I'm going to guide you through how I recreated this look, however I made a few personal changes and used some different products.

Firstly on my skin I used the 'Simple Light Moisturiser' and Benefits 'Porefessional' to prep and prime my skin. Although Zoella didn't include this step in her look, I think it is really important to prepare your skin for makeup, not only to protect it but to keep your makeup lasting all day. This primer especially helps reduce the look of large pores and it helps to even out the colour of my skin.

  

Next up, I used MAC's 'Prolongwear Foundation' in NC15 which gives a matte finish, and lasts a for a good 8 hours on my skin. Zoe used Nars sheer glow foundation, which unlike Prolongwear it gives a dewy finish. However, I prefer more of a matte finish on the skin in the colder months. The concelear I used is also MAC and again is Prolongwear in NC15. I find the concealer and foundation work well together and both give off the same finish. This concealer has a very thick consistency, so is full coverage, but for me its the only concealer (of the ones I've tried) that does justice and covers my under eye circles. I used the Real Techniques 'Buffing Brush' to blend these in together and into my face. I love this brush as it gives an airbrushed effect, making the face look flawless. Real techniques brushes are also not too expensive and they're are so many- theres one for everything! 



On my cheeks, I only used one product which was Sleeks 'Face Form' palette in the shade 'Light.' I used the brown shade to contour my cheekbones with Real Techniques 'Contour Brush.' Zoe used this brush to blend in her concealer, which I have also tried previously, and it works both ways because of it's versatile shape. I then took her advice to do a rosy cheek as I am quite fair, and I thought this would add more colour to my face. I used both the highlighter shade and the rose pink shade, as they blend well together and complement one another. The highlighter added a soft glow to the top of my cheeks which shimmered when it caught the light. I used Bare Minerals 'Flawless Face' brush, which packed on the colour nicely. 




On to one of my favourite parts - eyeshadow! Before I applied any eyeshadow I primed my eyes with Urban Decay's 'Eyeshadow Primer Potion' and although I forget to use this sometimes, it really helped keep my eyeshadow in place and prevented any shimmer or glitter falling onto my face. I used three shadows from MUA's 'Heaven and Earth Palette' which are similar dupes for Zoe's MAC eyeshadows. This palette only costs £4 and with the primer I find they work just as well as eyeshadows from the Naked palettes aswell as MAC. On my lid I used the top far right shade and I used ECOTOOLS 'Large Eye' brush (bottom) which ensured that my whole lid was covered. In my crease I went for the colour next to the one I'd previously used. This was a dark brown, shimmery shade, and although Zoella wasnt too heavy on contouring her crease, I decided I would go full out with more of a brown smokey eye. I used ECOTOOLS 'Highlighting' brush (second down) which is the perfect size for my crease. I then ran this same colour under my eye in the corner and outer half of my eye with ECOTOOLS 'petite eye shading' brush (top.) Finally I added the top left colour on my brow bone to add more dimension to my eyebrows, using the ECOTOOLS 'Angled Crease' brush (third down.)




Although Zoella didn't add liquid liner, I much prefer it and thought it would complete my look. Using Urban Decay's '24/7 waterproof liquid eyeliner' in Perversion I created a basic wing and followed the line all the way across my upper lash line. After curling my lashes I applied 'They're Real' mascara by Benefit, which has always been my #1 mascara! To fill my brows in I just followed my usual routine, with 'Professional Eyebrow Pencil' by Rimmel in the lightest shade '002 Hazel.' Then to make sure there were no loose hairs, I gently applied 'Brow This Way' brow gel by Rimmel in '001 Blonde.' 



Now for lipstick! I decided to use 'Diva' by MAC as it's one of my favourite Autumn lipsticks and it has a gorgeous berry undertone. I took Zoe's advice to line my lips first and using the same lipstick and ECOTOOLS 'Smudge' brush I went round the outside of my lips and started to fill in at the sides. I then applied the lipstick all over, but dabbed at it a little with my fingers. This is because 'Diva' can come off as a browny, deeper red, but when wiped off there was a really lovely berry red shade underneath. This lipstick is also a matte finish which worked well with my matte skin and contrasted with the shimmery eyes. 



















Last but not least I sprayed my face with the 'All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray' from Urban Decay, which helps keep my makeup in place throughout the days and nights. Honestly when I use this my makeup does not budge! 




Here is the final look! I also decided to do my hair as Zoella did, as it completed the look. 



Thank you for reading! I know this may have seemed really long winded, but there was so much information that I wanted to get in. I hope you have found some products you want to try out, or I've even convinced you to try this out yourself! If not then I hoped you enjoyed this post. 


Gina x






No comments:

Post a Comment