Sunday 8 February 2015

Kylie Jenner Makeup Tutorial

Okay, so I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon seeing as pretty much everyone has done a Kylie Jenner makeup tutorial, but I really wanted to try it out for myself. I've seen so many versions of her makeup and recreations on youtube and because I love her makeup so much I thought it would be worth trying myself. 

I took a few images from google to give me inspiration as I went for the typical Kylie Jenner nude lip and neutral eyes look.






Kylie has a flawless face showing no spots or blemishes, so I though it would be best to use a high coverage foundation, concealer and powder. I used Estee Lauder's double wear foundation with MAC studio fix concealer. 

It is obvious that Kylie contours her face, however of the family she's usually the most toned down when it comes to bronzers and blushers. In fact it appears she doesn't use blusher at all, or if so only a little amount. I decided to stick to just bronzer and I used the brown shade from my Sleek Face Form palette as it was the perfect colour. I contoured my cheekbones, chin, forehead and slightly down my nose. I made sure not to go too heavy as Kylie is subtle with her use of bronzer. From the same palette I used the highlighter to enhance my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose.

Her eyebrows are very different to mine, so this part was a bit more difficult. She has a chocolate to dark brown shade of eyebrows and they're quite thick even at the very end of them. Her brows are quite high too so I added a pale eyeshadow to my brow bone which helps lift the eyebrows. I used Brow Archery from Soap and Glory in Hot Chocolate and made sure to brush through the brows a few times to give off the natural look which Kylie portrays. 

Her eye makeup is actually quite simple. I used the Naked Basics palette as the colours are very neutral and matched up well to the shades Kylie uses. I applied Foxy all over my lid and used Naked 2 in my crease. I blended these together so they weren't two separate block colours. In some photo's Kylie wears liquid liner, but in some she doesn't. Going from the photo's I used for inspiration she has used liner to create a winded line. I concentrated on making the line thicker towards the end and making the flick like a thick triangle. I only used mascara rather than eyelashes because in these photo's her eyelashes aren't particularly long. However, I know she does wear eyelashes a lot of the time - so this look can work with or without. 

Now for the lips! Kylie has very big, overdrawn lips. I used a lip liner from Gosh and drew on the top of my lip line. A trick that helps makes your lips look fuller is to draw over the cupid's bow so that the top of your lip is less of a heart shape and is more horizontal. If that doesn't make sense then look at the photo's of Kylie and notice how her top lip isn't as curved or bow shaped, the bow is a lot less obvious. I applied MAC's Velvet Teddy all over the lips. It has been rumoured that Kylie wears this exact lipstick, but in an interview with Kim, she said Kylie wears the lip liners Whirl or Soar from MAC all over her lips. Velvet Teddy is such a beautiful lipstick with a matte finish. I have found that the colour looks different depending on the shade of your lips. On my lips it looks slightly more beige than Kylie's lip colour so I added Revlon's colour burst matte balm in the shade Elusive in the centre of my lips.







Thank you for reading!

Gina x









1 comment:

  1. you did this look so well! I'm so bad with eyeliner ha mine wouldn't turn out as nice. would be great if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete