Sunday 21 September 2014

Autumn Haul

Progressing on from my previous post, I have decided to include an Autumn haul. So, over the past few weeks/months I have been browsing the shops and have purchased a few things for the colder months, and although this is an Autumn haul most of these clothes will last me through winter. I have used a bit of inspiration from my mood boards, however some of these are just random buys.

Firstly there are these two high neck crop tops. I don't usually wear high neck tops as I find them uncomfortable, but the fabric on these two was so soft and stretchy that they didn't clench too tight at my neck. Both of these colours too are perfect for Autumn and can be paired with pretty much anything as they're simple and plain.

Burgandy high neck crop top - Topshop £10
Green high neck crop top - Topshop £10

Here we have another high neck crop top. I found that these colours although are quite bright and summery are good transition colours from summer to autumn as it includes orange and warmer tones. I also find that these tops are flattering around the shoulder area. The other tops and cami's are basics, as I never know when I'm going to need plain colours in an outfit. I also find that they're good for comfort. As i've mentioned before stripes are a must have all year round.

Blue and orange crop top - River Island £12
White cami top - Topshop £6
Stripy cami top - Primark £2

Grey t-shirt - Primark £3
White long sleeved t-shirt - Primark £3




This yellow cami really stood out for me as yellow is one of my favourite colours and this yellow in particular was more of a warmer yellow that I thought would fit right into A/W. The blouse was a much needed piece that can go with almost anything to be dressed up or down as mentioned in my last post. This navy skirt was a random buy but I know I will get a lot of wear out of it as I find navy is a colour that suits me and midi skirts are also really flattering. The green shift dress was possibly one of my favourite purchases. The bottle green colour is definitely my favourite this autumn (and you've probably heard that enough times already), again because its plain it can just be thrown on on a lazy day or decorated with a scarf, belt and some jewellery when going out. Not only that, but it was such a bargain at £5!

Yellow cami - New look £9.99
White Blouse - Primark £9
Navy Skirt - Primark £8
Green shift dress - Primark £5


I decided to get myself a pair of ripped jeans as it gives me a bit more variety rather than wearing my black skinny jeans all the time. They also give off a more casual look. The tartan skirt really stood out for me and I think it will go great with the yellow cami. The scarf looked really 'autumny' to me and I thought it would be nice to add to a boring, plain outfit. The wool cardigan was really warm and cosy and so I thought it would be perfect in the colder months!

Aztec print scarf- Primark £4
Black wool cardigan- Primark £12


MOTO ripped stone wash jamie jeans- Topshop £42
Yellow tartan skirt - New look £14.99

       



























Onto accessories! I got myself a floppy hat which I'm so glad about! I was debating getting it for about half an hour until a woman came over to me and told me it suited me and that I should go for it seeing as I'm young. I thought that was really cute and was what tipped me over to buying it. These scrunchies were too cheap and cute for me to resist and I tried to go with an autumn colour theme. I'm so happy with my bag and purse and they were such a great offer! As I've said before I love black bags and although the purse isn't matching its close enough!

Floppy hat- Primark £7
Arrangement of scrunchies- Luvyababes £1 each
Bag- TXMax £32.99
Purse- TXMax £7.99

So, this is some of the jewellery that I've bought over the past few months. The pandora ring was actually a present in April, so I've kind of cheated it into this autumn haul, but I wear it so often it managed to sneak it's way in! In autumn I find that I wear a lot of black so this triangle earring set appealed to me. The 5 rings came as a set and were so cheap I couldn't resist. I love ring sets too, I think it's really pretty to wear an assortment of rings on your fingers. The last set of earrings are abit more glamorous, but I really liked the combination of navy and gold.

Pandora December ring- Pandora £40
Black triangle earrings- Primark £3
Silver ring set- Primark £2.50
Navy and gold earrings- Primark £3


I've been needing a statement necklace that goes with everything and is quite simple and plain for a while now! I wanted something that was really variable so it would work on a glamorous night out but would also look good with a plain t-shirt and jeans. I decided that silver was the best colour for this and it suits my complexion better. I thought this did the job at a cheap price as well!

Silver necklace- Primark £4

Finally, these are the two coats that I bought for A/W this year. The first is either a love or hate piece, but I fell in love with it! Lilac is one of my favourite colours and quilts are really coming into trend this season. The only issue with this coat is that it makes a lot of noise whenever I move and it sounds like I'm wearing paper! But nonetheless, its waterproof as well as a great fit. This next coat is amazing and such a bargain! It's exactly what I've been looking for a while now and its so warm but can become itchy if you have it on against skin, so I make sure I'm wearing something long sleeved underneath.

Lilac quilted mac- Topshop £55
Grey A-line coat- TXMax £45


And that's all for my Autumn haul! I hope that this gave you a few idea's or if not then I hope you find some nice buys for A/W. Thank you for reading!

Gina x

No comments:

Post a Comment