Sunday 26 October 2014

Ed Sheeran Concert

On the 22nd of October I went to see Ed Sheeran at the Capital Fm arena in Nottingham on his 'X World Tour.' If you haven't read my previous post then go check it out, as it was a 'Get Ready With Me' which included my outfit along with hair and makeup for the night.


Ed had two acts before himself, one of which was a new support act called Jamie Lawson. The style of his music was mostly soft and acoustic and he chose to sing and play guitar. One of my favourite songs of his was 'Wasn't Expecting That' which unfortunately isn't possible to purchase on Itunes yet. However, his EP 'Between Each Breath' is available and comes at such a cheap price of £1.79. There are also a few of his albums on there, so if you like that kind of music I would definitely give him a listen! I must say he gave the show a great start and got everyone in the mood.


Next up was Callum Burrows who is better known by his stage name of Saint Raymond. Callum is a 19 year old singer-songwriter from Nottingham. I've previously had the chance to see him before at Splendour earlier this year, so I was very excited to witness him again. His music and energy managed to keep the crowd entertained and warmed us up for Ed Sheeran himself. I can quite truthfully say that after his outstanding performance I have decided to go and see him for a third time on his February tour in 2015 where he'll be playing at Rock City. I would 100% recommend for you to listen to him as he doesn't quite receive the recognition he deserves. Callum was also hanging around outside the arena at the end of the show and luckily for us we saw him and got a photo with him (we somehow avoided all the queues as well which was a plus.)






Now onto the main man himself, Ed Sheeran! On entering the stage he immediately sang 'I'm a Mess' from his album 'X.' After this exciting welcoming he then introduced himself (not that we don't know who he is) but he also mentioned that this arena was the first that he ever performed at, which I must admit gave me goosebumps. He sang many songs from his album 'X', including some personal favourites like: 'Don't', 'Bloodstream', 'The Man' and 'Thinking Out Loud.' He did however include some of his older songs like "Kiss Me', 'Lego House' and 'A Team.'

During the song 'Tenerife Sea' Ed asked the audience to put their torches on or any form of light on their phones and wave them in the air. Everyone got involved and the whole arena lit up in the dark and it looked beautiful.


One of my favourite moments was when he played 'I See Fire' which features in The Hobbit. Not only is it one of Ed's best songs but the performance and colours on stage were magical. There was an array of orange lights coming out from the stage at all angles and at one point there were moving images of dragons and other mystical creatures on the back screen. Sadly, I didn't get any photo's of the dragons but managed to get a few of the lights, however due to my clapping and moving around the photo's are rubbish and the quality is quite poor, but here's hoping that I'll get a decent camera for Christmas.



Technically Ed's final song was 'Give me Love' which left me close to tears. Ed taught us a harmony and so when Ed said goodnight and left the stage, we continued to sing the harmony along with chants of Ed's name in desperation to bring him back on stage. When he did appear for the second time the audience were in hysterics. He sang the full version of 'You Need Me, I Don't You.' Himself and the audience were so passionate about this song and he even got the majority of us on our feet dancing. His final song was then his award winning 'Sing' and even as he left the stage the crowds were still singing and I found myself singing the melody all the way to the car!

It was such an amazing night and I wish I could do it all over again! For any of you who are contemplating seeing Ed, I would tell you to go for it as it was such a thrilling experience I wouldn't have wanted to miss it!

I also came away with an Ed Sheeran t-shirt from the merchandise stall. There was so many on offer but this print was my favourite.


Thank you for reading! Be sure to check out my previous post on my outfit. I hope you enjoyed reading this post even though it was slightly different to my other posts. I'd love to keep posting about events or fun things going on in my life as well as makeup and fashion.

Gina x

No comments:

Post a Comment