Saturday 25 October 2014

GRWM Ed Sheeran Concert

Todays post is a 'Get Ready With Me' and I decided to show you a look that was quite dressy but still casual. I wore this for the Ed Sheeran concert at the Capital Fm area in Nottingham. I'm going to structure this with a step by step process, including how I did my hair and makeup and the outfit I wore.

I always start by doing my hair when I'm getting ready as it takes the longest to do. Also when I curl it I like to leave a little time before I go out for the curls to drop. I also wear hair extensions usually to add volume and thickness to my hair. The extensions I use are Dirty Looks HK Full Head Hair Extensions which are 20-22 inches in the shade Paparazzi Highlights. Over the years I've tried out a range of different hair extensions and it seems these are the ones I always come back to. The quality is very luxurious as the hair is all real and it has just the right amount of shine. I only wear 2-3 wefts as my hair is almost the same length anyway. These extensions can be curled, straightened, washed and dyed and if kept in good condition can last around a year.

Dirty Looks website: http://dirtylooks.com/

Using Tresemmé's Curling Wand I wound my hair around it and curled it away from my face. I did a looser curl for the bits of hair around my face just to frame it. I added a spritz of Urban Iced Raspberry and Vanilla Hairspray to keep the curls in place and to add volume to the crown of my head.


Next up was my makeup. I decided to go for a fuchsia lip with a neutral brown smokey eye. I'm in love with smokey eyes at the moment as they make my eyes appear much bigger making them pop and stand out. Some people are able to pull it off everyday, but unfortunately for me it takes too much time so I took this opportunity and added a winged line to it. I thought this was a fun makeup look due to Rimmel's Apocolips pink lipgloss/stain, but didn't seem too casual like my everyday look.

Left to Right:
Benefit POREfessional Primer
Urban Decay 24hour Liquid Liner
Rimmel London Apocolips in 303 Apocoliptic
MAC Prolongwear Foundation in NC15
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC15
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer 
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel
Ecotools Eye Brushes 
Cosmopolitan Blush Brush 
MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC15
Benefit They're Real Mascara 
Real Techniques Buffing Brush 
Benefit The Bronze of Champions Kit

Okay, so for the outfit I decided to wear dark colours which consisted of mostly black apart from my skort which was the main attraction of the outfit. Although it had a floral print it wasn't girly or too feminine. In addition I found that it sat comfortably, unlike most skorts I own which can be uncomfortable but because of it's stretchy fabric this skort was fine. I like the wrap effect as it adds a little more to the look, making it more interesting. I decided to wear tights because the weather was quite cold out and I didn't want to brave it for the walk there (although this look would look fine without tights.) I wore my leather jacket to keep me warm, and this jacket has to be a staple in my wardrobe at the moment. These boots too are very comfy and surprisingly easy to walk in. The buckles also make them edgier. 

Wrap skort - New Look £17.99
Black cami - New Look £9.99
Leather Croc Print Jacket - TXMax 
Boots - Boohoo £29.99

As for jewellery I accessorised with a chocker from Topshop which has an attached Yin Yang necklace dangling from it. The colours of these worked well with the outfit.

Part of a set - Topshop £12

Here is the finished look! I've also included a photo of myself and my friend before the concert, and although you can only see half of my face it was the only close up photo I had that showed my makeup. I apologise for the poses.


Thankyou for reading! I've decided to do another post following on from this one, which will be about the concert itself, so for any Ed Sheeran fans I'd recommend the upcoming post for you. Sorry that this has been slightly late but I've got a lot more idea's so I'll be hoping to keep on posting regularly.


Gina x





No comments:

Post a Comment