Sunday 9 November 2014

Olay Skin Care

 For the past month I've been trying out a new range of skin products. I've never made that much effort with skin care, because if I'm honest I'm just too lazy. I find it's so much easier just to wipe my face with a wet wipe even though I know it isn't the best thing for my skin. I have dry/combination skin so these products are geared more towards that skin type.


Olay have a range of different collections, like Olay Essentials, Olay Total Effects, Olay Anti-wrinkle and Olay Regenerist. I wanted to try out a few of these different collections, so I could look at Olay as a whole. However, I didn't purchase any products from the Anti-winkle collection or Regenerist range because I didn't think it was necessary to buy any Anti-ageing products.

The first product I want to talk about is the Refreshing Face Wash from the Essentials range. I use this in the mornings when washing my face and apply it to a wet face, massage it into the skin and wash off with warm water. As it claims, it was refreshing and made my face feel cleansed, however it wasn't anything special. I have seen a difference in the quality of my skin and I do feel like my pores aren't as large but this hasn't reduced spots or helped much with my dry skin. But nevertheless, this product has improved the appearance of my skin.


The next product is the Day Cream. This moisturiser is part of the Essentials Double Action collection and is designed specifically for normal to dry skin. I applied this in the morning before my makeup and again in the evening when I removed my makeup. The consistency is very thick meaning it was nourishing, however this meant it was quite heavy on my face. This did prove to be one of my favourite products from this review, as it helped with some dry patches on my face. I didn't see much difference with the amount of time my makeup lasted on my face but it didn't make my makeup slide and the moisturiser itself wasn't too sticky.


This product was from a different range, which was Olay Total Effects. I've heard a lot about this range and I really wanted to try it out myself and share my opinion. They claim to do a lot, so I had high standards for these. I tried to use this every night when removing my makeup. I applied it to a cotton wool pad and scrubbed at my face in circular motions. This is much more effective than face wipes and it left my skin feeling softer and smoother. This did take some time though and I had to use around 3 cotton pads. It definitely removes most of the dirt from your face that a wet wipe wouldn't.


Lastly was the toner, which again came from the Essentials range. I applied this generously to a cotton pad after the makeup remover. This product was great for removing any extra dirt in the skin and after using my face felt fully cleansed. This also helped reduce pore size and made my skin feel much more even. It definitely did the job. I also found that it contains a lot of product and even from using it regularly over the past month there is still around 3/4 of the product left.


I would recommend trying these products out, especially if you have combination/normal/dry skin like myself. Although they take up a lot of time they are worth it in the end. These haven't helped reduce spots, so if you are looking for a product to get rid of spots then I would consider looking elsewhere. As for the complexion of my skin, these products have helped a lot with my dry, flaky areas and I have started to see real improvements.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post, and even if you don't go out and buy these products I hope you found some good skin care tips.

Gina x






No comments:

Post a Comment