Saturday 29 November 2014

The Lipstick Tag!

Hey everyone, I'm really excited about today's post. If you didn't know already, I'm obsessed with lip products and in particular lipsticks. Generally I love makeup, but there's something special about lipsticks, I honestly can't go into boots or superdrug without coming out with one. I find they complete any makeup look and so I like to experiment with a lot of different colours. I guess you could say they keep my makeup looks looking different and fun. So lets get on with the questions:




1. How many lipsticks do you own?

Right, so I've literally just counted and I have 42, oops! I didn't realise I had so many! I did include lipglosses and balms too, so in all fairness that isn't too bad. Unfortunately of these 42 I only tend to wear around 20. Quite a few are old and are colours that I don't like to wear or formulations that I'm not so keen on anymore. 

2. What was your first lipstick?

I can't actually remember my very first lipstick, I think it was from a cheap makeup shop of an unknown brand. The first lipstick I remember buying was from Topshop as part of their lips collection. The packaging looks different now as I think they've updated it. It was in the colour Sartorial which is an orange toned pink, so quite nice in spring/summer. I'm not sure if this does suit me as it is quite neon so you have to be quite brave in order to wear this. The formula is actually really great, it glides on smoothly and has a matte finish. I have to admit Topshop lipsticks are great quality and are reasonably affordable. 


3. What is your most worn lipstick?

This is a tricky one! At the moment because it's Autumn I've been constantly wearing MAC's Diva (which I apologise for mentioning so often.) But of all time, I think it has to be my Maybelline Colour Sensational in 540 Hollywood Red. This is one of those shades that is 'my lips but better' and is slightly darker than my natural colour. It's very seasonal aswell because it's a day to day natural shade and I can always find a place for this on my lips with any makeup look. It's creamy when applied, but dries quite matte. I think it is somewhere in between a matte and satin finish. I usually wear this with Gosh's lip liner in 002 Antique Rose. The colours match perfectly. 


4. What is your favourite brand of lipstick?

So, following the band wagon here I would 100% say MAC. I understand everyone raves about MAC lipsticks but for me they're the only lipsticks which last on my lips with high pigmentation. The colour range is massive, so there are a whole bunch of lipsticks for everyone depending on skin colour and tone. They're a higher end product so I often have to save up money if I want to buy one but because I use them so frequently they're definitely worth buying.

5. What is your favourite finish?

My favourite finish appearance wise is a retro matte, like Ruby Woo from MAC. Unfortunately these are really drying on the lips and are difficult to apply. Overall, I do love mattes (I'm just not a gloss person) and it's the same with my foundations; I always prefer mattes. I am however, quite fond of satin and creamy finishes. 

6. What is the last lip product you bought?

The last lipstick I got was actually given as a gift to me and that was MAC Angel which is a soft pink frost, perfect for a natural makeup look or teamed with a smokey eye. The last lipstick I bought myself was a Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 353 Cappuccino which is a brown toned pale pink. I really wanted to try this range of lipsticks out and although I didn't really enjoy the finish the colour was beautiful.




7. How many lip products do you currently have in your handbag?

Currently none! I usually use my bag for college and I don't take makeup with me, maybe a lipbalm at the bottom of my bag that's it. Because I travel between my Mum's and Dad's house in the week I carry a small makeup bag with me, which has about 5 of my most used lipsticks in. 

8. What lip product do you use to rock a red lip?

I always outline my lips with a lip liner when doing a red lip, because it gives a smoother edge and makes the colour last longer as well as prevent any gaps in the lips. I use Cherry by MAC and then go on top with either Russian Red or Ruby Woo (both MAC.) A cheap dupe which I own for Russian Red is Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish is 01. It's not quite as blue toned and slightly less matte, but it creates a lovely red lip and it also smells really nice. 


9. How do you store your lipsticks?

I have a Ted Baker circular bag where I usually stock all my lip products and a couple of concealers. However, when travelling I use a floral makeup bag where my everyday makeup and lipsticks are stored. 



10. What lip products are you currently lusting after?

Well, I've asked for MAC Rebel for my birthday so hopefully I'll be getting that. I'm also DESPERATE for MAC's Velvet Teddy. I went to order it a few months back and after I'd ordered it I got an email telling me it was out of stock, and since it's been impossible to get! I also really want to try out a YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick but I don't know if that's just because of the beautiful packaging. As for the drugstore I'm debating purchasing a Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss Crayon but I'm just unsure of what colour.


Thank you for reading! If you yourself are a blogger, then feel free to do this tag and let me know about it as I would love to read it. 

Gina x




No comments:

Post a Comment