Thursday 22 January 2015

Pink and Purple Smokey Makeup Look

I've got a mid week post for you all because I have a little bit of catching up to do, due to my lack of posts around the holidays. I thought it would be a nice idea to do a makeup look which is a bit more subtle and suitable for everyday wear as I know I tend to do a lot of night time, dramatic looks.


I started with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation which is quite light and dewy, although build-able. This is one of my go to foundations for everyday wear, its very smooth, easy to apply and isn't bad for your skin. I paired this with Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer for my under eye circles and blemishes. I wouldn't recommend this concealer for people with oily skin as it's very dewy and shiny so would probably slide off your skin. I added my trustworthy MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Powder on top to keep all the liquid products in place. 


As per usual I used Hoola by Benefit to contour. I went on top with the blush and highlighter from my Sleek Face Form palette. I blended both the blush and highlighter together because they look beautiful mixed and I prefer blended colours rather than two block shades.

Sleek Face Form Palette: I used the middle and right shade
For eyes I used the Naked 3 palette, which is perfect for any pink or purple toned makeup look. On the lid I used Burnout which is a very shimmery light pink/peach shade - perfect for blue eyes. For my crease I added Nooner, which is a matte medium toned pink. This blended well with Burnout to create a shadowed smokey effect. Very lightly, I dusted Darkside into the corner V of my eye. I spent a lot of time blending out these colours doing a process of adding more product and then dusting it out for a smokey finish. For eyeliner I went with a thin winged line, using one of my favourite pen liners from Soap and Glory and used Lash Accelerator from Rimmel for my mascara. This mascara is great for separating my lashes and adds plenty of length. The only downfall is that this mascara does transfer throughout the day, so it's best to add a waterproof coat over the top.



I recently bought a new brow product and decided to use it in this tutorial. It is Soap and Glory's Brow Archery in the shade Hot Chocolate and in the pencil form. I find this product helps me achieve natural looking brows in no time at all. I love it!


For lipstick I applied MAC's Rebel which is such a stunning pink toned purple shade. It's a satin finish so not matte like many of my other shades. This lipstick does possess a lot of matte qualities though. It's long lasting and doesn't have a shimmer to it. This is one of my favourite shades at the moment.


And here is the finished look:




Makeup looks are definitely my favourite posts to do at the moment, so that's why there may be a lot. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and like this look. Be sure to check out some of my other posts if makeup tutorials aren't for you.

Gina x 

1 comment:

  1. love this post, i must try this look! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award
    http://bwellsey.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html
    Cant wait to read your answers

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete