Wednesday 24 December 2014

GRWM Christmas Party or Dinner / Elegant and Feminine

Hey guys! Today is another GRWM and I love writing and photographing these posts. There also some of my most viewed posts.

Every year my friends and I do Secret Santa and have a meal where we give out our presents. Not only that, but we see it as an opportunity to dress up nice and seeing as it's Christmas we can go full out! I thought one of these looks would be useful given the time period, if you're going to a Christmas party or meal then hopefully you get some idea's from this post.

Now traditionally on Christmas a lot of people wear Christmas colours like greens, red and golds teamed with sparkle for a Christmas party, but I wanted to do something a little different and slightly more girly. I don't often dress up girly, but I do love trying new looks and styles out so I thought I'd team an elegant girly look with a bit of Christmas spirit!

Firstly, lets start with my hair. I aimed to go for a glam curly look. Before I started with the heated products I sprayed a bit of heat protectant on my hair after I showered. I don't often mention this but I think it's really important to protect your hair and especially with mine being blonde it can become brittle quite easily. So now for the fun part. Going for a different method, I used my Babyliss hair rollers in medium and large to get a smooth loose look. I curled them towards my face, and although that's not my usual technique, it's creates a classy style. I left these in for 20 minutes.


While the rollers were in I moved onto makeup. Because of the girly glam theme, I went for a shimmery pink look with golden and warm undertones. As well as contour, I concentrated on blush and highlighter to make sure my face didn't appear too sharp and defined. I added a lot of mascara to make my eyes pop and used a nude/pink lipstick to go with the eyeshadows.



Onto the outfit! You won't be surprised that my outfit is from Missguided because they literally have everything at an affordable price. Going for classy but cute I wore a pink high neck crop top and the sweetheart neck line made the look more feminine. The grey scuba skirt is a very flattering shape which I find really helps my body. For shoes I went with a different colour completely of a dark burgandy purple. I think this helped break up the colours and made the look more seasonal. These were from New Look.


I chose to accessorise with some gorgeous gold earrings (a gift from my sister for my birthday) from Topshop and a gold watch from River Island(a gift from my Dad also). The gold really helped bring out the warmer tones in my makeup.



Finally I sprayed a little bit of perfume. I chose LeeLee from Benefit as it's feminine but sweet!


Here are a few photos including makeup, outfit and hair:




Thank you so much for reading! I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year. I should be doing another post before them but I'm not the most reliable and organised person, so we will see.



Gina x


No comments:

Post a Comment